The Reading Recovery® Council of Michigan plans and hosts the yearly Michigan Reading Recovery Institute and supports the implementation of Reading Recovery in Michigan through affiliation with the Reading Recovery Center of Michigan at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan, and the Reading Recovery Council of North America.
- provide a statewide voice and vision for Reading Recovery in Michigan
- to support research regarding literacy interventions
- to disseminate knowledge about Reading Recovery
- to sponsor conferences and meetings on early literacy issues
- to promote mutual understanding and cooperation among early literacy educators